Merchandise Handler – 1st / 2nd shift
One of the world's largest hardlines wholesalers with more than 4,400 independent retailers in over 60 countries, is looking for Merchandise Handlers for our 1st / 2 shift at our MAnchester, NH Distribution Center.
We are looking for personally driven and dependable associates who are interested in working with an enthusiastic, fast-paced, customer-focused team. Merchandise Handlers are responsible for safely unloading merchandise from trailers, lifting cartons and product, and checking goods received against purchase orders or invoices.
Our Merchandise Handlers performs the following tasks safely with the customer in mind:
- Loads and unloads merchandise from trailers.
- Lifts cartons and other items frequently.
- Selects and picks product for shipment to valued store members
- Matches goods received with purchase orders and/or invoices using leading edge voice pick technology.
- Ensures accuracy of all goods handled through record verification matching inventory to order numbers.
- May operate power equipment including; forklifts, pallet handlers and hand trucks.
- May use small hand tools such as RF Scanners.
- Prepare merchandise for shipping using shrink wrap machines or other devices.
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Minimum 18 -years-of age
- Must be able to work overtime with little or no notice
- Must be able to stand for long period of time
- Ability to work all overtime hours
- Must be able to stand and walk 8 or more hours per day (Average 5-10 miles per day)
- Bending, reaching, twisting, pulling, kneeling and lifting are continuous essential functions of the job
- Will lift from 1-75 pounds from floor to five feet level continuously and team lift heavier items
- Normal physical agility is a must
Source: New Job Orders