Website Agile Workplace Staffing
Agile is looking for a Firmware Engineer in Amherst NH
The individual in this position is responsible for supporting the growth of Client through the development of firmware for Client products, using the most efficient, effective method which will be appealing and easy-to-use by our customers.
What we require from you:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience writing code for embedded systems.
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline
- Suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
- Familiarity with embedded micro controllers and peripherals, specifically products from ARM devices, Texas Instrument (MSP430), ATMEL and Microchip (PIC).
- Proficient in C, and C++ languages. Knowledge of Assembly and scripting or high-level language (i.e. Python, C#) a plus.
- Able to use development tools including integrated compilers/debuggers in a Windows environment
- Object Oriented programming a plus
- Able to read and understand schematics and to use test instrumentation for debug purposes (Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer)
- Understanding of communication protocols, using USB, Serial RS422/485 and Ethernet hardware required. Familiarity with wireless technology (i.e. WiFi, Bluetooth) desired.
- Able to fully test and debug code, including the generation of simple Windows PC programs for test and debug purposes a plus. Unit testing and version control (GIT) desired.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening; primarily in English)
- Organizational, Time and Project Management skills
- Attention to detail
- Focus on quality
- Sense of urgency
- Team Player
- Continuous Improvement mindset; able to question and propose solutions for how to do things better
- Critical Thinking ability
- Reasoning ability (deductive and inductive)
- Interpersonal Skills
What you will be doing:
- The duties and responsibilities of the Embedded Software Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- E: Develop firmware solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- E: Architect maintainable best practices and create specifications based on customer requirements to meet expectations
- E: Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- E: Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming. Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- E: Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in appropriate educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- E: Able to self-manage larger projects to successful completion, adhering to timelines, customer requirements and budgets.
- E: Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- – Support Production and Customer Service issues relating to firmware as needed.
- – Other duties as assigned
We are Committed to Your Success
We offer a competitive package, dynamic work environment, collaborative team, and space to learn, grow and thrive. Qualified applicants will receive consideration regarding race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disabilities.
If you are a hardworking, diven professional looking for your next team. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce, let’s start a conversation. Apply today!
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://cats.agilewps.com/careers/index.php?m=careers&p=applyToJob&ID=1806→