Website Agile Workplace Staffing
Agile is looking for a Buyer in Lowell MA
This position is primarily responsible for procuring materials, parts, components, services, equipment, and general office needs in order to maintain a smooth flow for Cirtec. This will include managing spikes in demand with minimal adverse impact to the business. This position will strive to meet company objectives, monitor inventory levels, cost and delivery.
What you will be doing:
- Be an active team member to brainstorm ways to continue to reduce inventory, reduce cost, increase turns and strengthen the supply chain
- Be an active team member on the Purchasing Metrics to include, but not limited to, Vendor On-Time, Inventory Dollars, and Expense Spend Tracking
- Quote and procure components, consumables, services and/or equipment as required. Develop relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best possible lead-times and cost. Negotiate blanket purchase orders and/or other inventory management programs with appropriate suppliers
- Generate and review MRP and Master Production Schedule (MPS) to verify accurate demand. Place orders for inventory components in a timely basis.
- Work with Engineering, Customer Service, Production, and Inventory Management to plan and order inventory/materials to meet customer schedules as well as Cirtec needs while maintaining inventories in a cost-effective manner
- Work with Engineering and review new item masters to ensure item masters are set up correctly to maintain proper finance, inventory and purchasing guidelines
- Review new consumables to include initiating new item masters and buy cards when necessary. Insure proper material stocking levels
- Back up for Vendor On-Time Report. Support On-Time Delivery goals
- When applicable, comply with import and export regulations
- Work with Receiving, Accounting, Quality and Suppliers to resolve issues
- Provide back-up for Purchasing Supervisor, Senior Buyer or other Buyer(s) as needed
- Complies with company, quality and safety standards, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
What we require from you:
- Minimum Associates degree, or 3 years’ experience in purchasing or planning roles
- Experience with computers and computer software, including ERP/MRP Systems
- Must be accurate with purchase order entry
- Must be detail orientated, able to multi-task and have good organization skills
- Must be able to quickly learn new systems
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Supplier contract negotiation ability
- Must be a critical thinker
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to meet job requirements while following ISO policies
- Be able to read, write and speak fluent English
We are Committed to Your Success
We offer a competitive package, dynamic work environment, collaborative team, and space to learn, grow and thrive. Qualified applicants will receive consideration regarding race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disabilities.
If you are a hardworking, driven professional looking for your next team. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce, let’s start a conversation. Apply today!
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://cats.agilewps.com/careers/index.php?m=careers&p=applyToJob&ID=1799→